Recruiter Position - Construction Talent Acquisition
Building Teams and Impacting Lives
Building Team Solutions is a Texas-based staffing agency for commercial construction, manufacturing and industrial industries. We provide direct hires both nationally and throughout Texas; staffing for seasonal and temporary employment. We are in the business of people. We bring a fresh perspective to staffing, recruiting and placement. We don’t just fill openings, we build teams. Unlike the traditional temp agency model, we provide long-term solutions to our clients.
We pride ourselves on the following:
- Customer Satisfaction – we provide outstanding, ongoing customer support
- Teamwork – we commit to dowhat it takes to accomplish shared goals
- Integrity – we will not oversell, we will not tell our clients we can do something we can’t
- Missional – we love giving back to groups includingAustin Pregnancy Resource Center, Dress for Success, Austin Gives, PEP- Prison Entrepreneurship Program and Austin Cops for Charities.
Does the Following Describe You
- Winner by nature
- Lives for the satisfaction of a job well done
- Possession of a Servant’s Heart
- Resilience supported by a bullet-proof, positive attitude
- Calm under pressure
- Focused on developing goals and achieving results
Who We Want
As we prepare our goals for the future, we look for a team player willing to jump in at a junior or senior level recruiting capacitywith the opportunity to take their career to the next level. We are interested in learning where you have been. However, we are more excited in hearing where you are willing to go. Our ideal candidate is searching for an opportunity to utilize their exceptional self-directed work ethicin a team atmosphere. They maintain a spirit of optimism and excel at developing rapport with clients and candidates to ensure the highest level of customer service. Theyhave a desire toexperience an array of opportunities to continually expand their expertise and knowledge and always be challenged. We seek a team player who is continually striving for excellence, learning and growing in industry knowledge.
What You’ll Do
This position is a Stepping Stone role. Step One requires maintaining a professional image of the company, while assisting the entire team by being the first point of contact in the office. To better understand our business and processes, you will initiallyconduct various administrative duties to includegreeting and assisting walk-ins, answering phones, general filing and maintaining our staffing software database. Step Two expands on your existing skillset and gained company knowledge to become the Recruiter in our office. This is a key role for us. You will control the candidate pool for the company by establishing active and potential candidates, post job ads, take applications and conduct interviews. With projected growth into new territories and divisions in the next 12-18 months. Step Three allows you to choose your career path inbecoming a Lead Recruiter or Selling Branch Manager.
The role of Recruiter is a wake up early, action packed position. You will serve as an example of a positive team player throughout the company and community. Your day will start at 7:00 a.m. with opening the office or conducting jobsite check-ins. Day-to-day office functions consist of recruiting candidatesto fill client orders (placing ads, maintaining job boards, seeking passive candidates), maintaining a pool of employees ready to work, staffing, onboarding, and personnelhiring and firing decisions. You will maintain a database for record keeping, oversee the recruitment budget and identify additional customized services to matchour current client’s needs. Jobsite tasks include implementing safety training, tool box talks, and client visits to build rapport with placed candidates. This position will report to a Branch Manager and will use key KPI’s and metrics goal setting as a team.
- 1+ years of experience working in a staffing, recruiting or similar environment
- 1-3 years of experience in a fast-paced construction or industrialindustry
- Strong phone and interviewing skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to variables in client situations
- Problem solver with unconditional commitment
- Broad knowledge of internet and social media
- Self-motivated with a desire for career advancement
- Process-driven, goal oriented organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills and friendly demeanor
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Servant Heart
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Sales experience/Hunter mentality
- Desire to understand the staffing needs of industry specific clients
What We Will Include
This role is very unique and not for everyone. However, it is amazing for the right type of individual. An excellent salary plus quarterly bonus, employee benefits (including a stipend for health insurance, cell phone, and mileage),along with comprehensive screening and evaluation, intense onboarding and recurrent training.
How to Apply
With the word superstar in the subject line of your email, please send a copy of your resume to lisa[at]btsjobs.com. Please alsoinclude a cover letter explaining who you are and why you believe you would be the best possible choice for this position.